The Rules

free patterns
not-free patterns
inspiration
Friday, June 17, 2005
 

What's an amigurumi?

Good question.

The answer? In short, they're crocheted (or knitted or sewn) soft toys. I've seen almost anything called amigurumi, from bears to monsters to birds to trucks to cupcakes to bugs to dragons to fruit to cats and anything in between.

If you have a look at these Japanese books (on eBay, but tons of photos), that should give you a pretty good idea of the range of stuff!

Book 1
Book 2
Book 3
Book 4
Book 5

(I own the first two books - I can't read them, but I can usually read the charts! :)

Get creative! What's your favorite animal? What's your favorite color? Put those together and see what kind of fun, goofy anigurumi you can come up with!


Comments:
Thank you for making this post. I've always loved this site: http://www.eltadesign.com/frame.htm and now I know I was looking at amigurumi and didn't even know it. (Click the Japanese links at the top to navigate)
 
I've been in love with Book 2 for so long...that blue puppet is something I HAVE to own someday. Can I join this crochet along? I'm working on a puppy right now, and would love the company.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Name:
Location: United States

site feed

previous posts
archives

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next
Crochet Blogs
<< | list | >>
Hip Hooks Webring
Previous | List | Next


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?